The HTA places great importance on providing an environment that is fair, unbiased, and meritocratic for all players in our selection process. As such, we would like to highlight the following policy we have implemented for trials:
- Players are strongly encouraged not to wear any club, school, or county branded sports kit where possible.
- Players will be provided with a numbered bib to use as their ID number during any trial session.
- Selection will be based on observation across more than one trial session where a player has signed up to multiple events.
- Coaches will proactively engage in discussions with each other in observations for any trialist.
- Potential risk of bias will be discussed at Committee level to ensure it does not affect selection decisions.
- Where there is no unanimous decision regarding any player, the Head Coach will have the ultimate decision on their selection.
- All trialists will receive a letter following their attendance to a Talent ID event notifying them of their selection status, along with constructive feedback if the response is to notify of deselection.
If a player/parent/coach does not agree with the selection decisions, please contact email@example.com to discuss further.