By Lucas Ball
Congratulations to Lottie Bingham has been selected for England’s Junior World Cup squad as a travelling reserve in Chile from 29th November to 10th December.
Bingham, in her first season with Holcombe, has scored two goals and was impressive on Saturday as Nick Bandurak’s side drew 4-4 with Team Bath Buccaneers in the Vitality Division One South.
The squad’s first match is against New Zealand on 30th November and they then take on the United States on 1st December.
Head Coach, Simon Letchford, told England Hockey: “As a group of players and staff, we are looking forward to competing against the world’s best Under 21 sides in Santiago in a few weeks’ time.
“The selected group brings together nine players who won Bronze in the 2021 Junior World Cup in Potchefstroom, a number of younger players who have excelled in the England pathway and for their schools, clubs and universities and some with senior international experience.
“Led by co-captains Evie Wood and Beth Alexander it is exciting to see how they will progress into the Junior World Cup and beyond.”
Head of Talent Development, Heather Williams, said: “Congratulations to all the players selected and thank-you to the many coaches, parents, clubs, schools and universities who support the players on a daily basis.
“Your support is invaluable to them having this opportunity to represent England at a Junior World Cup. We are really looking forward to getting out to Santiago now and playing and competing with the best junior sides in the world.
“It will be great experience for the players on and off the pitch and I’m sure Chile will once again host a superb tournament”
Name | Club
- Beth Alexander | Loughborough University
- Alice Atkinson | University of Birmingham
- Maddie Axford | University of Nottingham
- Tilly Butterworth | Repton Sch/Repton HC
- Katie Curtis | Surbiton HC
- Hollie Dring-Richardson | Loughborough University
- Sienna Dunn | University of Nottingham
- Georgie Gardens | University of Exeter/Isca HC
- Martha Le Huray | Surbiton HC
- Maddie Long | University of Nottingham
- Sofia Martin | Hampstead and Westminster HC
- Lizzy Pocknell | Durham University
- Molly Smith | Loughborough University
- Scarlett Spavin | Durham University
- Claudia Swain | University of Nottingham
- Martha Taylor | Surbiton
- Lily Walker | East Grinstead
- Evie Wood | University of Birmingham
- Lottie Bingham | Weald of Kent GS/Holcombe HC
- Emily Gilbert | Godolphin and Latymer Sch/Wimbledon HC
- Simon Letchford | Head Coach
- Brett Holland | Assistant Coach
- Leigh Maasdorp | Assistant Coach
- Tom Millington | Team Manager/GK Coach
- Charli Robertson | Physiotherapist
- Hannah Cureton | Performance Analyst
- Nicky Osborne | Doctor
- Heather Williams | Head of GB Talent Development
Image: Becci Woodhead